Every Christmas season, we work harder (let's face it though, it's a mission of love) to source the world's best coffees for you.
We love our Kona Extra Fancy, our Panama La Esmeralda Geisha, and our Jamaica Blue Mountain. We've confirmed all three!
We have a special email list, just for people who want to know when the roast dates are, what the prices are, and how to reserve a few pounds for themselves.
If you want to know more, get on our email list by emailing us at:
Warning: this coffee may change your world view.
Scroll down for descriptions of the coffees!
KONA EXTRA FANCY
The Aeropress brewing method is fast and forgiving - it's so easy to brew an amazing cup of coffee.
So many benefits! It's small and very light, which makes it great for traveling and camping.
Not to mention, versatile. It's up to you how strong you brew your coffee. You can make your coffee about the same strength as a typical drip brew, or you can make it as intense and flavourful as an espresso.
you need to know!
watch the video :)
One of the ways you can tell
summer is here: we break out our
Cold-Brew Coffee Maker.
Cold-brew is different than iced coffee.
It's extracted at room temperature, using ice water - which means there's no flavour deterioration. The resulting brew is like an elixir: liqueur-like, intense, delicious.
As you can see, it looks like a bit like a science experiment, or a back-woods moonshine contraption. What happens is: ice water drips, drop-by-drop with the help of gravity only, through our ground coffee... and eventually seeps through to the carafe at the bottom. It takes 24 hours for this unit to make a carafe full.
Come into the store and try a cup!
They work just like our store model,
only smaller and better looking :)
Come into the store, we'll show you how they work.
Our Nitro Cold Brew Coffee is ready to go, and it's a velvety and delicious addition to our summer coffee line-up. (It's our cold-brew coffee - steeped 12 hours - infused with nitro bubbles. WOW. If you haven't tried it yet, come in and try a wee sample!) When we first built our nitro brewer, the whole process was a bit like watching mad scientists at work. Except for THESE scientists were producing cold, creamy, luxurious Nitro Brew Coffee.
- We recycle and re-use all of our cardboard, bubblewrap, glass and plastic bottles, tetra packs, milk jugs, and soda cans.
- We shred and recycle all of our paper and left-over labels.
- We recycle all of our ink cartridges.
- We give away our jute coffee bags for re-use and re-purpose (Sack race, anyone? Or for use in your garden? Or to make an apron? The possibilities seem endless)
- The chaff from our coffee roaster is composted.
- All of our coffee arrives on wooden pallets, and we re-use these. You'd be amazed at how they pile up.
- All of our to-go drink containers (cold cups, hot cups, lids, java jackets, straws!) are 100% compostable - yay us!!!
- We encourage all our customers to bring in their own mugs by giving a discount on drip coffee (We'll only charge you for a small coffee, as long as you're not bringing In a giganto-sized barrel mug)
- We encourage re-using our half pound and one pound retail coffee bags by offering a little discount when you bring them in for re-filling :)
- We're moving away from individual office-coffee portion packs and encouraging our wholesale customers to buy 5-lb bags instead. It's working!
- We encourage our wholesale tea customers to buy bulk tea bags, sans individual packaging and boxes. (sans = without)
- We sell recycled kraft paper gift bags for when you're giving gifties.
- We're in the process of converting all of our old bulbs into energy-efficient bulbs. (It's a lot of bulbs.)
- Finally, and most importantly, everything we do at Cupper's is fuelled by the ultimate energy bio fuel: COFFEE.
There's no one right way to do this. At Cupper's, we keep the espresso tasting methods simple - while giving our excellent espressos the time and attention they deserve:
1. Start with a clean palate.
A drink of warm water will do the trick.
2. The "Slurp:" Professional coffee tasters (insert your name here) use the "slurp" to aerate the coffee, which allows the aromas to bypass the soft palate and travel up to the nose.
3. After you swallow the coffee, immediately breathe in, which will heighten the "nose" of the coffee.
4. Let the espresso sit for a few moments on different parts of your tongue. You will get different flavours (depth) on the top, front and sides of your tongue.
Simple yet satisfying.
Espresso can present many flavours, the most common being chocolate, caramel and often fruit. Talented tasters can taste the subtle flavours
that are often referred to as the "depth" or "complexity"
of a coffee.
Sometimes our fast-paced life calls for something different. If a quick hit is what you're after, a few short sips or even one big gulp will get you there.
Insider News, Deep Thoughts, Fun Stuff, Recipes and General Deliciousness from the heart of Cupper's Coffee.
Cold Brew Coffee
Fair Trade Coffee
Green Coffee Bean Extract
Jamaica Blue Mountain
Kona Extra Fancy
Lethbridge Coffee Roasters
Meals On Wheels
Nitro Cold Brew Coffee
Panama La Esmeralda Geisha
Planeta Olive Oil
Single Serve Coffee
Top Ten Lists