Kouridashi - Using Ice Instead of Water
Kouridashi brewing is a traditional style that uses high quality tea leaves. For the video above, we used our Rishi Matcha Super Green Tea. The Matcha Super Green produces a very crisp flavour that is perfect for iced drinks. However, this brewing method works with any tea you would like.
At Cupper’s, we constantly try new cold brewed tea infusions – it’s one of our most entertaining hobbies. The most popular teas from our tea brands to make as Kouridashi teas are:
Prep Time: 1 minute
Steep Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours
Skill Level: Super-Easy
Servings: 2 (makes 1L)
- Ice Cubes to fill your 1 L container
- Two Bags of Rishi Matcha Super Green Tea or 2 Tablespoons Loose Leaf Rishi Matcha Super Green Tea
- Your choice of sweetener to taste.
- Add tea bags to your container
- Fill container to the top with ice
- Let steep overnight, or until ice is melted
- Add sweetener if desired, or leave unsweetened if you prefer
- Pour over ice
- Enjoy your cold brew tea!
NOTE: Let your ice melt at a natural rate and allow the tea to steep over several hours. This allows the flavours to brew for the ideal cup of cold Kouridashi tea.
For a faster iced tea brewing method, check out our Best Iced Tea Recipe.