Pistachio Gin Sour is your new best friend. Follow these step-by-step instructions for making this fancy AF cocktail. Complete with a frothy foam, it’s a perfect balance of pistachio and lemon, and a slap of sass.
Dry shaking helps make fancier cocktails. It’s very simple – you shake the ingredients without ice. This gives the drink a smoother texture and helps to emulsify the ingredients. (That’s fancy AF talk for making them play well together). And the proteins from the egg white or aquafaba makes the microfoam that is the classic touch of a gin sour.
Prep Time: <1 min
Cook Time: 1 min
Total Time: 2 min
Skill Level: Super Easy
Servings: One 5 oz. serving
- Cocktail shaker
- Shot glass
- Cocktail strainer (or regular teaspoon)
- Coupe glass
- 1 1/2 oz. London-style gin
- 3 pumps (3/4 oz.) Monin Pistachio Syrup
- 3/4 oz. Lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. Dry Curacao
- 1/2 oz. egg white or aquafaba
- Lemon peel, or a few shelled, roasted pistachios for garnish (optional)
- Using the shot glass, measure the Gin, lemon juice, dry Curacao and egg white (or aquafaba). Add these to the cocktail shaker.
- Add 3 pumps (3/4 oz.) Monin Pistachio Syrup to the cocktail shaker.
- Dry shake the shaker (shake it without ice) for about 10 seconds to emulsify the proteins.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake again for approximately 15 seconds.
- Using the strainer, strain the mixture into your chilled coupe glass. (No strainer? Use a spoon instead!)
- Garnish the glass with a curl of lime peel, or top the drink with a few roasted pistachios.
- Sip your Pistachio Gin Sour, and enjoy!
Aquafaba is a good liquid protein substitute for egg whites when making drinks. The proteins from the chickpeas works equally well when making a cold microfoam cocktail.
Want to get our newsletter?
About once a week we send out a quick, lighthearted email letting you know what’s new at Cupper’s. We’ll tell you about special or seasonal coffees, new products and drinks, monthly prize draws, and all kinds of sass and shenanigans.
We’ll send you a follow-up email asking your birthday so we can send you a special treat. Watch your spam folder in case it gets diverted!
Fill out the form below and become a part of the Cupper’s community!
Our site admins (at Cupper’s itself, not outsourced!) are the only people who have access to our newsletter list. This info will not be sold, exchanged, held hostage, spindled, folded, or replaced by an exact duplicate from another universe. We promise to only send you out our newsletter, an annual birthday surprise, and occasional special updates… for example, if we find a real, live unicorn to transport our coffee directly to you! (We would do that, you know.) 🙂