And here you thought it was just our un-roasted coffee beans that were green! We’re doing so much more to keep our footprint as small as possible.
Let’s count the ways!
- We recycle and re-use all of our cardboard, bubblewrap, glass and plastic bottles, tetra packs, milk jugs, and soda cans.
- We shred and recycle all of our paper and left-over labels.
- We recycle all of our ink cartridges.
- We give away our jute coffee bags for re-use and re-purpose (Sack race, anyone? Or for use in your garden? Or to make an apron? The possibilities seem endless)
- The chaff from our coffee roaster is composted.
- All of our coffee arrives on wooden pallets, and we re-use these. You’d be amazed at how they pile up.
- All of our to-go drink containers (cold cups, hot cups, lids, java jackets, straws!) are 100% compostable – yay us!!!
- We encourage all our customers to bring in their own mugs by giving a discount on drip coffee (We’ll only charge you for a small coffee, as long as you’re not bringing In a giganto-sized barrel mug)
- We encourage re-using our half pound and one pound retail coffee bags by offering a little discount when you bring them in for re-filling 🙂
- We’re moving away from individual office-coffee portion packs and encouraging our wholesale customers to buy 5-lb bags instead. It’s working!
- We encourage our wholesale tea customers to buy bulk tea bags, sans individual packaging and boxes. (sans = without)
- We sell recycled kraft paper gift bags for when you’re giving gifties.
- We’re in the process of converting all of our old bulbs into energy-efficient bulbs. (It’s a lot of bulbs.)
- Finally, and most importantly, everything we do at Cupper’s is fuelled by the ultimate energy bio fuel: COFFEE.