When it’s time to indulge in something warm and cozy, there’s nothing quite like a classic soup. Get ready to fall in love with our Creamy Tomato Soup recipe. Grab your mug o’ soup and enjoy!
Creamy Tomato Soup Love: The secret ingredient to our Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe is Bart’s Garlic Paste. This recipe uses 1 tablespoon, but if you’re a garlic fan (or a vampire hunter!) feel free to use as much as you want. This paste is a great alternative to fresh garlic without compromising on flavour.
We have strong feelings about tomato soup and grilled cheese. So make sure to check out our Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe blog for a bunch of creative ways to customize your sandwich. And enjoy them with your bowl of fresh, piping hot, home-made soup!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 25 min
Skill Level: Medium Easy
Servings: Four servings
- Large saucepan or Dutch oven
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large bowl
- Immersion blender
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. Bart’s Garlic Paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. Saltwest Roasted Garlic & Onion Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Saltwest Smashed Peppercorn Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Melt butter in a large saucepan on low heat.
- Add flour to melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Cook until butter and flour mixture is golden brown and add Bart’s Garlic Paste.
- Add broth and sugar and whisk to combine.
- Combine tomatoes, Saltwest Roasted Garlic & Onion Sea Salt, in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, Saltwest Smashed Peppercorn Sea Salt and stir until evenly distributed and add to saucepan.
- Carefully blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Whisk in heavy cream and cook on medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
Garnish with your choice of croutons or grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!