From a large, family-owned olive grove at Capparrina in Menfi, Italy to… our lucky Cupper’s customers!
Olive grove in Capparrino
Award-winning Planeta is a beautiful, low-acid olive oil with a smooth, creamy texture.
You’ll pick up fresh flavours of green tomato, artichoke and lemon… with a subtle, peppery finish.
Top 10 Things You Need to Know:
1. Planeta Olive Oil is a brilliant, dense green, evoking pistachios.
2. The aroma! You’ll pick up fruity notes of cedro (lemon) and aromas of exotic woods. Also hints of fresh herbs, headed by basil.
3. Planeta is a fruity oil, spicy and intense, and works beautifully with grilled meats and fish, with fresh cheese, and in vegetable soups.
The Planeta grove on the coast at Menfi
4. At Capparrina, the Planeta olive grove is planted to ensure that the coast at Menfi should remain free of buildings for ever.
5. Hand-picking and immediate pressing extracts the fullest flavours possible.
6. Pressing is still done the traditional way, using hammers.
7. Olive trees are evergreen and can live up to 2000 years!
8. One of the oldest olive trees in the world is on the island of Crete. It’s 4000 years old, and still produces fruit.
9. There are over 800 million olive trees planted world wide.
10. Olives are not edible until cured in brine or dry salt, but the oil produced is much healthier than other vegetable oils.